While seeking more opportunities to engage voters in Springfield on Wednesday 8/8, Daniel Fishman campaign volunteers contacted the Mt. Zion Baptist Church regarding the Dunbar Community Center as a potential venue. Deaconess Wanda Powell and her colleagues have generously opened their doors to us and are allowing use of the facility from 3:00pm to 5:00pm. This gesture is extended to all candidates participating in the Springfield City Library’s “Meet the Candidates for State & Local Office” event as direct support to the Library’s mission to serve local voters.
We hereby invite YOU to join us at the Dunbar Center for a “Meet the Candidates” Warm Up event!
- Please stop by between 3:00pm – 5:00pm if you are unable to make the Library event’s later timeslot
5:30pm – 7:30pm.
- Meet candidates and campaign staff in a more casual and intimate setting. We do not anticipate as many attendees as the Library’s ‘main event’ on such short notice.
- Please RSVP to help us set our expectations regarding turnout!
- If you are traveling, get yourself settled in the neighborhood earlier in the day. The Dunbar Center is a 10 minute walk from the Library’s Mason Square Branch.
- Network with fellow candidates and volunteers in the downtime, before more spotlights are focused on you in the evening.
FOR ALL ATTENDEES:
- Please respect the generosity of our host and abide by these facility use policies: http://wearemtzion.com/dunbar-center-rentals/dunbar-center-terms.html
- - - - - - - - -
ABOUT THE HOST & VENUE
The Mt. Zion Baptist Church traces its roots back to 1976 and celebrated its 41st Church Anniversary this past July. Worship service is offered on Sundays, while Soup Kitchen and Bible Study programs are typically offered on Wednesdays.
Regarding the Dunbar Center, an acquisition from the YMCA of Greater Springfield, the facility allows Mt. Zion Baptist “to meet the needs of our growing congregation and enhance the lives of the community in the areas of arts, wellness, and education.” Three spaces within the Center are available for rent.
For more information, please visit: http://wearemtzion.com/
- - - - - - - - -
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/206399273555726
- August 08, 2018 at 3pm – 5pm
The Dunbar Community Center
33 Oak St
Springfield, MA 01109
Google map and directions